Slede teme za diskusiju sa profesorom ili kolegama
1: Opišite mesto koje biste voleli da posetite i objasnite zašto biste želeli da ga posetite.
2: Šta biste u svom gradu pokazali prijateljima iz inostranstva
3: Da li treba sačuvati stare zgrade u gradovima?
4. Koje vam je omiljeno mesto za šetnju u gradu?
5: Opišite neki važan poklon koji ste dobili od nekoga.
6. Da li ste ikada pomagali nekome u njegovoj ili njenoj firmi, radnji ili poslu
7. Koje tehnike koristite za bolje i efikasnije učenje?
8: Da li više volite da radite sami ili u timu?
9: Da li je bolje imati nastavu u školi ili preko interneta?
10: Koji veliki pronalazak je promenio svet i kako je promenio?
11: Opišite sliku ili fotografiju koju ste nedavno videli?
12: Kada ste bili poslednji put u muzeju ili na nekoj izložbi?
13: Šta znate o arhitekturi i koje zgrade i objekti Vam se sviđaju?
14: Šta znači biti dobar prijatelj?
15. Šta volite da čitate u slobodno vreme?
16. Koji magazini su Vam najzanimljiviji?
17. Kada biste studirali da li bi želeli da živite sami ili sa prijateljima?
18. Šta biste voleli da izučavate u slobodno vreme?
19. Neki ljudi u životu rade samo jedan posao, a neki često menjaju svoj posao. Šta je bolje?
20. Da li je život danas lakši nego u vreme naših predaka pre 100 godina?
21. Zašto je detinjstvo najlepši period života?
22. Zašto neki misle da univerzitet i studiranje nisu toliko bitni za svakodnevni život?
23. Opišite omiljenu pesmu i reči iz te pesme?
24. Šta znači korisna knjiga?
25. Koje su pozitivne strane gledanja televizije, a koje su negativne?
26. Koju tehniku koristite kada donosite odluke?
27. Koju tehniku učenja najčešće koristite?
28. Za koju tehniku rešavanja problema smatrate da je efikasna?
29. Zašto se u srednjim školama zanemaruje muzičko i druge umetnosti?
30. Šta obično radite uveče, posle nastave?
31. Da li bi mobilni telefoni trebali da budu zabranjeni na nekim mestima?
32. Opišite proslavu ili svečanost koja je na Vas ostavila jak utisak?
33. Kako se u Vašoj sredini slave rođendani?
34. Kako se informišete: novinama, tvom ili preko interneta?
35. Opišite jednu kulturnu manifestaciju kojoj ste prisustvovali?
36. Kako biste mlađima od Vas opisali pojam politike?
37. Da li muzeji i izložbe treba da budu besplatni. Ko treba da ih finansira?
38. Koji deo grada Vam je najomiljeniji i zašto?
39. Koji deo grada ili države je istorijski?
40. Koja je razlika u hrani koja se sprema kući i u restoranu?
41. Koji Vam je omiljeni park u gradu?
42. Šta bi ste voleli da studirate/ izučavate
43. Koju pesmu znate napamet?
44. Koji nastavnik Vam je najomiljeniji?
45. Koje su prednosti online učenja?
46. Koju osobu najviše poštujete?
47. Koju vrstu transporta koristite da biste otišli u školu?
51. Da li reklame treba da imaju neka ograničenja?
52. Koje su mane korišćenja kompjutera i mobilnih telefona?
53. Koliko je tehnologija poboljšala naš život?
54. Da li svi poslovi treba da budu dostupni svima?
55. Da li studiranje treba da bude dostupno svima?
56. Da li roditelji treba da kontrolišu šta im deca gledaju na televiziji?
57. Koje je najveće otkriće na svetu do sada?
58. Koje je najveće otkriće u poslednjih mesec dana?
59. Da li će u svojoj karijeri biti uspešniji oni koji studiraju ili oni koji ne studiraju?
27. Should a college student be successful in career easier than ones without college education? why?
28. Talk about characteristics of friends.
29. Someone suggests school to cut the recycling. Try to comment it.
30. Do you want to be a leader? Or just to be a follower?
31. Which one do you think is better to help do research: internet or academic books?
32. In general where do people get information? From TV, newspaper, and other media, or from family and friends?
33. What is your ideal job?
34. Do you prefer to take a long vacation or several short vacations in a year?
35. What are the characteristics of good parent?
36. Do you prefer to study alone on assignment from class or to study in group?
37. What is your goal in future?
38. Describe a challenging experience.
39. Do we should choose major for job hunting or just for our interesting?
40. What sort of movies do you like? Comedy, drama…
41. What will you do to relax yourself?
42. Is it important for students to attend class regularly or study by oneself?
43. Describe an enjoyable event in your childhood
44. Describe one of your schools?
45. Should school add Sport courses for generic students?
46. What do you miss most when you are away from home?
47. Some people believe that we should give a hand in dangerous case without hesitate; others argue that you should ensure not to cause new troubles.
48. Describe a special opportunity given to you.
49. Talk about good leader.
50. Should people always tell the truth?
51. Describe an object which is very important to you
52. Do you agree that we can judge a person by the appearance at the first glance?
53. What is your choice: job or career?
54. If you have much of money, how do you spend?
55. What should students do in their vacations?
56. Describe a happy event in childhood, explain why it is memorable.
57. Communicate with your family and friends by letter, e-mail, or by telephone. What is your option?
58. Your favorite time of a year.
59. Some people want to have a relaxed and unhurried life, do you agree with?
60. What is your favorite room?
61. In journey, some used to get destination directly, some enjoy the procedure to get the goal. How about your opinion?
62. When you get restaurant or café, what features do you care about?
63. In city development, do we keep old building? Or replace them with new building?
64. Do you prefer to get advice from family and friends, or learning through personal experience?
65. Do you agree or disagree: Students should wear uniform in school?
66. Compare online courses with traditional courses.
67. Talk about subject that will lead to better job or subject that you are interested.
68. Some think college experience is important, some think not important. What is your opinion?
69. Describe a letter, or poem, that is important to you.
70. Forest, desert, where do you like to live?
71. Experience of asking help from others. How do the others help you?
72. High salary job or high personal satisfied job, which is your choice?
73. Student should do part-time job or summer intern to learn what sort of jobs is proper to him/her, do you agree with?
74. What skill do you want to learn?
75. Is it a good idea to have a one-year break before college study?
76. Talk about some good news about yourself.
77. Freshmen should live alone or with seniors in same building?
78. Students will learn more when they have discussions. Do you agree with?
79. Do you agree or disagree: “The most important lesson can’t be learned in class.”
80. Should the university education be free?
Describe a class you have taken in school and explain why the class was important to you. Include details and examples to support your explanation.
Describe a particular TV show that you think is excellent. Include specific details and examples in your answer.
Describe a person from your country’s history. Why do you think this person was important?
Describe a resource that helped you to do something better than before. Describe it and explain why it was helpful to you.
Describe your favourite teacher and explain why he or she inspired you. Include details and examples.
Do you agree or disagree that a celebrity should set a good example for young people?
Do you agree or disagree that a higher education means a better career?
Do you agree or disagree that businesses should hire employees for their entire life?
Do you agree or disagree that daily homework is necessary for students?
Do you agree or disagree that grades encourage students to learn?
Do you agree or disagree that life is about relaxing instead of hurrying?
Do you agree or disagree that luck has nothing to do with success?
Do you agree or disagree that people should always tell the truth?
Do you agree or disagree that students learn better with the help of technology?
Do you agree or disagree that students should bring a cellphone to school?
Do you agree or disagree that students should have a job while they are studying in school?
Do you agree or disagree that universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their university libraries?
Do you agree or disagree that young people have nothing to teach older people?
Do you agree or disagree. Watching sports programs on television is a waste of time.
Do you agree smoking should be prohibited in public places?
Do you agree that cars should be allowed to enter into the campus?
Do you agree that television has destroyed communication among friends and family?
Do you like to spend time alone or spend time with your friends?
Do you prefer finding information by reading books or searching the internet?
Do you prefer going to a live performance or watching it on TV?
Do you prefer indoor activities or outdoor activities?
Do you prefer long-term trips or short-term trips?
Do you prefer to be a team leader or a team member?
Do you prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants?
Do you prefer to go someplace you have never been before or someplace you have been before?
Do you prefer to have a long vacation each year or have several short vacations throughout the year?
Do you prefer to learn about the news in a newspaper or on television?
Do you prefer to learn on your own or learn with a teacher?
Do you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a more modern apartment?
Do you prefer to live in places that have the same weather or live in areas where the weather changes several times a year?
Do you prefer to watch a movie or read a book?
Do you prefer to work in a team or work alone?
Do you prefer to work in the office or work at home?
Do you prefer traveling alone or traveling with a companion?
Do you think bicycles will still be widely used in the future or replaced by other means of transportation?
Do you think that people will read fewer books in the future than today? Give details and examples to support your response.
Does technology make our lives simpler or more complex? Give details and examples to support your response.
If you could visit any place in the world for just 24 hours, where would you choose to go? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
If you had a small amount of money, would you spend it right away or save it?
If you have money, would you prefer to buy a house or a business?
If you were given an empty piece of land, would you rather use it to build a garden or a playground for children?
Is it important to interact with other people in a good manner? Give details and explanations to support your response.
List one recommendation for the school you have recently attended.
Name a famous or influential figure that has inspired you. Describe this person and say why he/she has been inspirational to you.
Name a person whom you truly admire. Describe the person and say why you admire him/her.
Name a place in your country you would recommend others to visit.
Describe this place and explain why you would recommend it.
School is planning to change the cafeteria’s menu with aims of offering healthier, low-calorie foods. Describe the advantage and disadvantage.
Some people believe that attending class in university should be required, while others believe that it should be optional. Which point of view do you agree with?
Some people think the internet provides people with a lot of information, while others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with?
Talk about a difficulty you have overcome in your life. Describe the experience and say why it was difficult to overcome.
Talk about a person in your life who has inspired you. Describe the person and explain why you found him/her inspirational.
Talk about a positive experience with learning or using English. Describe the experience and say why it was a positive one.
Talk about a situation that enabled you to realize you had a certain strength or weakness that you did not know about before and how you dealt with this new finding.
Talk about a teacher who had a positive influence on you. Describe this person and explain why he/she was so influential to you.
Talk about a time when you experienced success. Describe the experience and say why it was a success for you.
Talk about an event from the past that you would like to relive.
Describe the original event and say why you would like to relive it.
Talk about an experience in your life that made you feel embarrassed. Describe it and say why it was embarrassing.
Talk about an important national holiday in your home country.
Describe it and explain why it is important.
Talk about an interesting tourist attraction you have been to.
Describe it and say why it was interesting.
Talk about something you and your family enjoy doing together.
Describe it and explain why you all enjoy it.
Talk about your country’s national anthem or flag. Describe it, then say, where it is used and where it can be found today? Include details and examples to support your response.
Tell me about a time when you used a resource to help you do something better than before. Describe it and explain why it was helpful to you.
The school is planning to build a coffee shop in the campus library.
Describe the advantages and disadvantages.
Think of a place that makes you feel relaxed and peaceful. Describe it and explain why it is relaxing and peaceful for you.
What custom from your home country are you most fond of?
Describe the custom and explain why you are fond of it.
What do you think your life will look like after retirement? Use reasons and details to support your response.
What is your favorite book or movie? Describe it and say why it is your favorite.
What is your favorite kind of food? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite.
What is your favorite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite place to go.
What is your favorite recreational activity? Describe it and say why you enjoy doing it.
What is your favorite season of the year? Describe the season and explain why you like it so much.
What is your favorite style of clothing? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite.
What is your favorite way of getting around? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite means of transportation.
What is your favourite book? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
What is your favourite form of transportation for getting around?
Describe it and explain why it is your favourite means of transportation.
What is your favourite free time activity? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
What is your favourite kind of food? Describe it and explain why it is your favourite.
What is your favourite movie or movie genre? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
What is your favourite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why it is your favourite place to go.
What is your favourite recreational activity? Describe it and say why you enjoy doing it.
What is your favourite season of the year? Describe the season and explain why you like it so much.
What is your favourite style of clothing? Describe it and explain why it is your favourite.
What is your favourite style of music? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
What is your happiest childhood memory? Describe it and give reasons to explain why it is your happiest memory.
What is your most important possession? Describe it and say why it is so important.
What is your most useful study aid? Describe it and explain why it is useful in helping you to study.
What was your favourite subject at school? Describe it and explain why this subject was your favourite one.
What would you suggest to somebody if he was planning to come to your country to study abroad? Give details and examples to support your response.
When communicating with your friends and families, you can use different methods: letters, e-mails, and/or telephone calls. Which method do you think is better and why?
When going on a trip, do you prefer to drive or take a train?
When going to a restaurant, do you prefer to meet your friends at home or at the restaurant?
When going to a restaurant, do you prefer to meet your friends at home or at the restaurant?
When have you been happily surprised by something? Describe the experience and say why the surprise was a happy one for you.
When people move to another country, some prefer to follow the customs of their new country, while others prefer to keep their own customs. Which one do you prefer?
Where do you most like to go eat out? Describe this place and say why you like it most.
Where is a good place to have fun in your city or town? Describe this place and explain why it is fun.
Where is your favorite place to study? Describe this place and say why it is a good place for you to study.
Where would you like to go to spend a vacation? Describe this place and say why you would like to holiday there.
Where would you most like to live? Describe this place and explain why you would like to live there.
Which of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a new school, joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on the campus play field or auditing lectures?
Which person are you most likely to go to with a personal problem? Describe this person and say why you would go to him/her in particular.
Which place has fond memories for you? Describe this place and explain why it is memorable to you.
Which type of movie do you prefer watching, a serious movie or a comedy movie? Which do you prefer?
Who do you feel close to in your family (or extended family)?
Describe this person and say why you feel close to him/her.
Who has been your favourite teacher so far in your life? Use reasons and details to support your answer.
Who is an important person in your country? Describe this person and explain why he/she is important.
Who is the most intelligent person you know? Describe the person and say why you think he/she is intelligent.
Who is your best friend? Describe this person and say why he/she is your best friend.
Who would you like to go on a trip abroad with? Describe this person and say why he/she would be a good travel companion for you?
Whom do you feel close to in your family (or extended family)? Describe this person and say why you feel close to him/her.
Would you prefer to have a higher-paying job with longer hours or lower-paying job with shorter hours?
Would you prefer to take a part-time course or have a part-time job during your summer vacation?
Would you rather be self-employed or working for someone else?
Would you rather have the university assign a student to their room or would you rather choose your own roommate?
Your university is planning to allow students to watch TV in their dormitories. What is your opinion and why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of watching TV in dormitories? Include reasons and examples to support your response.